BESTMIX® Food is a software tool for managing recipes and ingredients and for creating product specifications. It is a central database for the R&D and QM departments that can also serve as a supplement to enterprise resource planning systems, whereby interfaces to all common ERP systems can be implemented.
Functions of BESTMIX® Food:
Manage ingredient data
- Manage nutritional data, allergen status, properties such as GMO, kosher, organic...
- Manage declaration descriptions of ingredients in multiple languages
- Link electronic documents such as ingredient specifications, quality reports, etc. from suppliers, laboratories and others....
- Assign availability and backup levels
- Store and use laboratory data
Manage the recipes
- Manage multi-level recipes (ingredients, semi-finished products and sub-recipes).
- Online calculation of the recipe's nutritional values (for 100 g or 100 ml)
- Define portions and compare nutrient content with GDA or RDA
- Establish operational rules and conditions for the recipes (process loss, evaporation, optimization...)
- Check the allergen status- reuse existing recipes
- Document the history of the recipes through versions and archiving
- Run a batch process to replace ingredients or change parameters for several selected recipes (mass change)
- Manage the packaging data
- Create products, with EAN code and other data
- Extensive search function- function of price optimization of recipes considering restrictions
Create product specifications
- BESTMIX® Food automates the creation of your product specifications
- Designs document templates with a specification layout according to customer requirements
- Automates the creation of 'ingredient lists' and 'QUID' ingredients (according to EU regulation)
- Defines the sub-declaration for semi-finished products and ingredient categories
- Defines the nutrient content for the printout
- Selects the nutrient information for portions with GDA or RDA
- Defines the allergen declaration
- Adds product info like minimum shelf life, storage, preparation...
- Generates multilingual specifications
- Links specifications with customers
- Manages different versions of the product specification
Advantages of using BESTMIX® Food
- Savings in raw material costs
- Acceleration of the development phase
- Time savings when creating product specifications
- Increased data security
- Facilitates certifications and audits
- Higher efficiency and lower costs for R&D and QM departments
- Optimal integration with existing IT solutions
The Food Industry Research & Development and Quality Management Departments