R:BASE X (10) is a completely relational database development environment that has been amplified to include the latest menu-driven features to database professionals. With the R:BASE engine established as the foundation of stability, the program interface and designers have been enhanced to fully exhibit the highest quality of development usability.
R:BASE X is built on a solid foundation of performance, reliability, security, and compatibility, making it the best-performing R:BASE product to date. The many new innovations in the product are designed to augment your ability as an R:BASE user and developer, to better provide and manage a more versatile development environment, while securing your code and improving both end-user and personal productivity.
R:BASE offers many key advantages over other databases - advantages that are better suited to overall business or departmental needs. R:BASE is designed much like the powerhouse database management systems of the mainframe and mid-range computer world, while empowering the individual business user.
In Europe you are supported and coached by Huessy Engineering GmbH. Which is also secretary of the R:BASE User Group CH.
1. Stability - R:BASE is a true relational database with referential integrity, multi user and security built in at the engine level.
It is fast, stable and supports an extensive, object based programming environment that is faster to develop in than other alternatives in its class. Through system upgrades, network upgrades and disconnects, R:BASE will continue to function reliably without data corruption or down time.
2. Raw Power - R:BASE's powerful database engine lets you query large amounts of data that other applications can't. And you're never limited to menu listings in R:BASE, because you can run customized queries with the R> prompt command. It supports nested reports and report output in formats such as XML, HTML and Adobe PDF with 128 bit encryption, which puts
It in front of the alternatives.
3. Cost Effectiveness - R:BASE programmers world wide report the ability to develop and implement large and small applications in a fraction of the time It would have taken them using more commonly used tools from Visual Basic to Oracle. And with its unique non-technical interface, R:BASE provides non-programmers the ability to implement effective solutions without being limited by a spreadsheet, needing to learn Visual Basic, or requiring the services of a trained programmer.
4. Security - R:BASE also has some of the most comprehensive database security features available. SQL GRANT/REVOKE commands allow you to assign access rights to any database table.
5. Compatibility - R:BASE is ODBC 3 compliant which puts It ahead of its competitors. ODBC 3 compliancy means that R:BASE is an excellent back end for the front end applications. R:BASE also has unprecedented import/export functionality. R:BASE data can be exported to 18 different formats including dBase (dbf), Paradox, csv, MS Excel, slk, dif, Lotus 1-2-3, SQL Script, XML, rtf, LDAP, and others. R:BASE can import data from 9 different formats including dbf, xls, text (fixed field and comma delimited), Excel, HTML, XML, and Access.
6. Scalability - R:BASE's simple database development tools allow non-programmers to create simple databases, forms,
and reports with minimal training. The Application Wizard will even allow non-programmers to wrap the forms and reports into
a menu driven application for one or more co-workers to use. This non-technical interface makes R:BASE a superior tool for small individual or larger departmental data tracking and reporting needs. At the same time, R:BASE provides the professional strength programming, security, web, and graphical interface tools that allow programmers to create solid and secure enterprise applications accessible by large numbers of users.
7. Network Accessibility - R:BASE requires no network server file to set up. Use your database over a network without fear of data corruption or data loss. With features like automatic concurrency control and automatic row level locking, R:BASE protects data in a network environment even while multiple users edit the same row or record. Accessing R:BASE on the network is as simple as making a choice from a menu.
NASA, FBI, SBB, BASF and a lot of other companies. Don't hesitate to contact us to receive a list of reference projects for your interest.