KnowHowDB is a Windows-based software that lets you quickly and easily find both private and company information, at any time. You can store your data however you choose - no matter whether it’s structured or not, this intelligent database will find the information you need in a flash.
KnowHowDB can be used in the following main areas
- Storing company and departmental knowledge
- Storing project-specific knowledge
- Storing private information
The benefits of KnowHowDB are obvious:
- KnowHowDB has been designed intuitively, so users don’t need any special training.
- KnowHowDB is standard software, and can be used in all industries and sectors. Because no customer-specific modifications are required, it offers outstanding value for money.
- Selected knowledge is made available in one central database, removing the need to search for it in many different applications.
- All changes made to records are logged, so any previous version can be restored if required.
- Access to records and categories can be restricted via authorizations, protecting important business data against unauthorized access.
- No separate editor is required for entering and displaying information.
- Entry templates minimize duplicated effort.
- All search terms are highlighted in a different colour in the text.
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files can be created without the need for additional software.
- Data can be exported in various formats, enabling information to be exchanged with other applications.
- Each user can be assigned the role of either author or reader.
Information is entered via the integrated text editor, in a similar way to Microsoft Word. Key functions such as formatting, style sheets, tables, headers and footers, text frames, tabs etc. are provided for creating reports, minutes and letters. Information can also be imported from other applications. The following formats are available: .DOC, .RTF, .TXT, .HTML and .XML. Multiple Word documents can be imported (in a single operation), without affecting the different formats of the files.
The information entered is filed in a tree structure in categories that users select themselves.
When searching for a particular piece of information, KnowHowDB helps in three different ways:
- Its tree structure, which can be searched using special logic commands.
- Full-text searches that search all records for the specified word or phrase.
- Favourites, which can be added from any record.
With the help of these tools, any specific item of information can be located efficiently and easily, and forwarded as required.