The ArCADia 10 program in its basic options has the base functions of the ArCADia BIM system (without industry modules), and at the same time it integrates all the industry and system modules in the same interface.
Basic tools of the ArCADia BIM system:
- Two versions of the project created as the ArCADia BIM system model are checked in terms of new and modified system elements. The result of this comparison is shown in a new document graphically, with different colours indicating all new, removed and modified objects. For easier navigation of the model being compared, a list centering the searched object in the design view is created.
- This tool allows to include multiple designs of various installations in one document.
- The building model from the architectural project is merged with the design models of installations, creating one complete model of the construction project. You can merge models from one source project, and the full model created in the new project is ready to check for collisions.
MANAGING A DRAWING OF A BUILDING:
- The management of views and displayed information using the comprehensive Project Manager tree.
- The automatically created 3D view is available in a separate window to allow a presentation of the entire body of the building or e.g. a part of a level.
- Elements like walls, windows, doors, etc., are now inserted with the use of the intelligent tracking function.
- When inserting there are options available to help you draw: reference, parallel, etc
- Selecting walls from defined types or setting of any specified composite walls.
- A built-in catalogue of building materials that is based on the PN-EN 6946 and PN-EN 12524 standards.
- Inserting virtual walls that are invisible in the 3D preview or cross-section. They divide the room space in order to distinguish an open-space function, for example.
- Heat transfer coefficient is calculated automatically on the base of the materials selected for the space dividers (walls, ceilings, roof).
WINDOWS AND DOORS:
- Inserting windows and doors by means of parameters from the program library and creating user-defined windows and doors.
- The possibility to define the windowsill protrusion inside and outside a room, as well as its thickness.
- The possibility to switch off a windowsill.
- Automatic insertion of floors (according to a level outline).
- The module is used to prepare drawings for structural systems of Teriva ceilings. Drawings include all the main elements of the system: ceiling beams, transverse beams, hidden beams, trimmers, KZE and KWE ring fittings, KZN and KWN lintel elements, support grids and additionally all necessary lists of materials covering listed elements, supplemented with the reinforced steel and monolithic concrete required to create a ceiling.
- Automatic and manual calculation of all Teriva ceilings (4.0/1; 4.0/2; 4.0/3; 6.0; 8.0) in the ceiling areas of any shape.
- Automatic distribution of beams, transverse beams and ring beams on internal and external walls and on main beams.
- Automatic setting of a system of trimmers for openings and beams for partition walls.
- Automatic solving of a side ceiling access to a wall.
- Automatic calculation and setting of the required plane and offset grids.
- Automatic creation of rooms from closed outlines of walls and virtual walls.
- Temperatures and lighting requirements are automatically assigned to rooms, depending on their names.
- The possibility to change the graphic imaging of a room in the view, e.g. by filling or colour.
- Inserting binding joists, including reinforcements defined both for bars and stirrups.
- Insertion of columns of rectangular and elliptical cross-section.
- The insertion of single chimney openings or chimney shafts (groups of chimneys with a set number of columns and lines).
- The possibility to insert chimney ducts or mark the outlet of existing chimneys.
- New chimney profiles.
- Defining one- and multi-flight stairs and winder stairs in any plan.
- New types of stairs: monolithic with treads or see-through with stringers. The possibility to choose the type and elements of a step.
- Automatic creation of a terrain model on the basis of spot heights from digital DWG maps.
- Insertion of a terrain plane using spot heights or lines.
- The insertion of objects that simulate elements of a network or objects existing on the terrain to check for collisions in the design.
- When inserting there are options available to help you draw: reference, parallel, etc
- Inserting and modifying camera settings, from the point of view of an observer, which can be used to view a design or to save a view.
- The current scene can be saved to a file in BMP, JPG or PNG formats.
- The possibility to insert a grid of modular axes, including complete editing options.
- Creating user-defined title blocks in the dialogue window or using graphic field editing options.
- The insertion of automatic (taken from a design) or user-defined texts into a title block.
- Saving title blocks to the project or program library.
- Saving user-defined settings of elements (markers, fonts, default types, heights, etc.).
- Saving types to templates.
- Groups of elements of various types can be saved into a single type. All connections, sizes of elements and other individual element parameters can be saved into a single layout that can be used in future projects.
- A built-in type library for all elements of each module.
- Library modification during the design by saving the created types.
- Library modification in the library window by adding, editing and deleting types from the global/user’s library or the project library.
- The arbitrary linear and angular dimensioning of a design.
- Automatically created lists of rooms for each level.In the list, you can choose a range of parameters: real and usable space, cubic volume, temperature, heating power, required lighting intensity, calculated lighting intensity, type of floor, wall finishing material and wall surface.
- Automatically created lists of windows and doors, including symbols, arranged according to the position of the elements on the appropriate levels..
- Possibility of exporting lists to a RTF file.
- Export lists to CSV file (spreadsheet).
- Free ArCADia-TEXT text editor which switches on when exporting to a RTF file.
- The possibility to edit and correct lists before saving, printing and adding e.g. a logo. ArCADia-TEXT saves in the following formats: RTF, DOC, DOCX, TXT, PDF.
- An integrated library of elements allows a drawings to be detailed with the required architectural 2D symbols.
- A library of 3D objects allows created interiors to be arranged.
- The object catalogue can be extended with new libraries.
- User-defined objects created with 2D elements can be saved in the program library.
- 2D and 3D objects can be inserted with an angle with respect to the Z-axis given during insertion.
- The possibility to rotate objects about the X and Y axes and to change a symbol in a view when necessary.
COLLISIONS (automatic detection of collisions and intersections between elements of the ArCADia BIM system):
- Collisions of any elements in the ArCADia BIM system can be freely listed.
- Clear lists of collisions in the project and point indicators in the plan and 3D view are available.
Expanded graphics engine
The software is available in two versions, allowing customers to adapt it to their own needs and current design tasks. ArCADia 10 in all of its versions has a new graphics interface, where all the options are on ribbons located at the top of the screen.
The ArCADia software has all the features of the ArCADia LT software and is additionally enhanced with the following functions:
- The upgraded creation of 2D drawings (simple, multiline, splines, sketching and other drawing options) and full modification (with simple and more advanced functions: chamfering, breaking, connecting, matching, etc.).
- Creating 3D drawings (wedge, cone, sphere, cuboid, cylinder, etc.) through drawing and full modification of all elements and the option to read ACIS solids.
- Built-in DWG converter to DWG 2018 format, automatic conversion to DWG 2013, without DWG 2018 format saving.
- New options: Select similar (with adding to the selection and the settings window), Multiadogy, Multiline editor, Dashed line.
- Importing and editing raster images (eg geodesic underlay), including files such as : JPG, TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG.
- Support for relative paths for images and external references.
- A new version of the ODA Teigha graphics engine 4.2.11 is attached.
- The program window is divided into tabs in which the opened drawings are displayed in sequence.
- New ways of handling the program interface, its settings and the export of the set program profile.
- Import PDF files analogously to raster underlays or with conversion to vector elements.
- Entering, defining and editing libraries of symbols, blocks, simple and complex texts (SHX and TrueType fonts). New additional multiline text editor (we disable or enable the MTEXTED system variable).
- Exploding attributes to text and exploding texts, automatic numbering.
- Improved handling of blocks, views, dimensions and text styles.
- Many windows can be open with different views and layouts.
- Dimensioning: linear, angular and arcs, the ability to define your own styles.
- Associative dimensioning (DIMASSOC variable).
- Precise printing in the model and sheet area by setting all print parameters.
- Automatic measurement of distance, field and coordinate determination.
- Export to PDF file.
- Edit inserted references in DWG files.
- Setting of snapping characteristic points to underlays.
- Layer handling functions managed by the Layer Edit Manager, a new tool to handle and filter layers. The option to set layer transparency and layer freezing in the viewport of the paper area.
- Advanced quick-selection feature.
- Create a project package and use the eTransmit saving tool.
- Dedicated Express tools toolbar.
- The option of photo-realistic visualization and rendering. The developed spatial model of the software is presented in different materials applied on particular planes, distinguishing between smooth and rough surfaces, panes from mirrors, illuminated surfaces from shady ones, specifying the observation point, range of vision and lighting positions.
- Adapted to support 4K monitors and Windows 10 scaling.
TOOLS TO MAKE A PRECISE DESIGN:
- Auxiliary grid adapted to the current zooming, orthogonal drawing functions, polar tracking.
- Automatic detecting of Entity Snap (base), eg for lines - center, end points and line intersections.
DWG FORMAT HANDLING:
- ArCADia supports the DWG format without any conversion - drawings made e.g. in AutoCAD® are read and saved without any distortions.
- Reading and saving drawings in the AutoCAD® format from 2.5 to 2013, including the changes from 2014. The program opens DWG 2018 files, converting them automatically to the DWG 2013 format.
SIMILARITIES WITH AUTOCAD:
- Clear software interface.
- Command lines and their execution
- Working in layers.
- Explorer similar to the Design Center.
- Dockable property panel.
- Working in Cartesian and polar coordinates.
- Dimensioning and text styles.
- Holders, attributes, hatching.
- Precise drawing functions and snapping points (ESNAP), drawing mode (ORTO), etc.
- Possibility to import lines and dimensioning styles.
FULL SOFTWARE PERSONALIZATION:
- Modification of the top menu, ribbons (panels and tabs), toolbars, command status bar and keyboard shortcuts.
- Configuration of the work screen: its color, cross-hair size, etc.
- The implemented interpreter of the LISP programming language enables loading of applications developed in other languages.
- In addition, the software’s features may be expanded by loading SDS, DRX and IRX add-ons.
ACE, Architects, Installers, Contractors, MEP,